DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Thursday 22 January 2015

MY OPEN LETTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON CC ERIC PICKLES MP


To the Prime Minister David Cameron

CC Eric Pickles: Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.

A PETITION FOR SELF STYLED PROPHETS AND THEIR CHURCHES TO BE REGULATED IN THE UK

If someone had told me 11 years ago when I moved into my newly built property that one day I would be homeless living in a women's refugee, I would have told them over my dead body. Mr Prime Minister, I write this letter to you today as a woman who has lost everything I have ever worked for in the United Kingdom. I love Great Britain with my whole being,  its been my home all my adult life, I turned 18 in this country, I turned 21 here, and I celebrated 30 years of my life in this beautiful country. Even though I was born in Zimbabwe and spent my childhood there, today what I call home is England, I have contributed to the community as a mental health nurse and I have paid my taxes and national insurance. I do see myself as British and have no plans to live anywhere else, because to me home is where the heart is, and my heart is in Great Britain. For the past 15 years of my life in the UK I never once claimed benefits or lived on public funds until I found myself homeless in a women's refugee. The reason why I ended up homeless in the United Kingdom is my reason to bring this letter to your attention Mr Prime Minister. Somehow in my heart, I have a deep yearning for justice and change, I do love my country dearly,  and I believe this is something that should be brought to your good and honourable office by none other than a woman who has suffered and endured the harsh realities being faced by many Black African women living in the UK today, a problem that I believe is huge  but remains an unspoken of. 

I believe the United Kingdom is a country that is governed by rules and laws that protect the general public. I believe Britain should be safe for everyone, including those who chose to go to Church. I was raised in a culture in Africa where people are extremely religious, and always look onto one person as their spiritual leader. The spiritual leader will have absolute authority and power over individuals, and anything they say or do is regarded as directly inspired by a God or a supreme being. Most of these Spiritual Leaders are self appointed. They say that God has directly spoken to them to start a church, and will say they are modern day Prophets who hear the audible voice of God and even see manifestations of God in visions and appearances confirming their self appointed prophetic office. Britain now being a multi cultural society, with the multicultural population growing to more than 7 million, a large number of that population being black Africans who have migrated to the UK. Most Black Africans who migrate to the UK do so because political instabilities and severe conflict in counties like Rwanda, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya and many other troubled African countries. Immigration challenges faced by African immigrants often cause them to  seek  spiritual guidance from African Church leaders. As a result "Church" has become part of an African culture and lifestyle prevalent in the today's British society. Self Styled Prophets and church leaders use this opportunity to attract church members, even promising the African population to solve their immigration problems and challenges. I personally believe they are more than 1000 self styled Prophets today leading churches that are officially registered as charities in the United Kingdom. 

As much as I understand the freedom of religion, and the importance of religion in our British African society, I also believe that the children and the adults who follow the self styled prophets should be somehow protected by the law under basic human rights. I believe that the people who follow self styled Prophets are vulnerable in the sense that they believe that the self styled Prophets represent God, and anything that is said or done by the Prophets is inspired by God. I believe that adults who are members of these churches fall into the category of vulnerable adults and children by default. I believe that everyone living in the UK has a right to live in safety be at work, their own home, or even in a church service. 

Allow me Mr Prime Minister to briefly share with you why I believe something needs to be done in the United Kingdom in regards to the rampart rising of self styled Prophets and Church leaders taking advantage of the vulnerable public. 

In 2006 Zimbabwean born Walter Masocha left his job as a Lecturer in Scotland saying God had called him to be a Prophet to the African Immigrants in the United Kindgom. He said he would help struggling immigrants to get their legal stay in the UK. This automatically generated a huge following despite the fact that Prophet Masocha had been expelled from his previous church for sexually assaulting women during prayer sessions. As a Charismatic speaker, he managed to attract a huge following, especially from Zimbabweans living in the UK, the majority of his followers being single mothers. I joined the church in 2011. During my church membership I was often restrained by male pastors during long hours of gruesome exorcisms, I was manipulated into giving all my money to the Prophet, leaving me staying in a house without food and electricity, whilst the Prophet would be on holidays abroad. I was often subjected to bullying, cruelty and harassment, until one Sunday I decided to stand up for myself and it resulted in the Pastor of the church calling the ambulance and asking the paramedics to section me under the mental health act. Because the paramedics refused to section me, I suffered more abuse from the Church leaders, resulting in me fleeing the Church to a Women's Refugee. 

In the Women's Refugee in pain and anguish over the life threatening abuses I suffered in the hands of Prophet Masocha, with no one to talk to about what had happened to me, I started a blog to document the abuse I suffered in the Church. As a writer this was my coping mechanism to deal with the trauma. Never the intention of my blogging, my blog became a platform for more victims of Prophet Walter Masocha to share their horrendous experiences in Agape Church.  Other victims found the courage to report Prophet Masocha to the police, and in the process of time Prophet Walter Masocha was arrested.

In January as he stood before Alloa Sheriff Court in Scotland, Prophet Masocha was charged with the following counts of sexual assault.
  • On various occasions between January 1, 2012 and July 31, 2013, at his home and the hotel he engaged in sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl by inducing her to massage his body whilst in a state of undress using massage oils.
  • On various occasions between January 1, 2012 and May 16, 2013, at his home and the hotel he engaged in sexual activity with a 12-year-old girl by inducing her to massage his body whilst in a state of undress using massage oils.
  •  Between April 1, 2012 and March 30, 2013, at his home he did sexually assault a woman by repeatedly putting his arms around her, pressing his body against her, touching her on her body and private parts.
  • Between January 1, 2013 and January 27, 2014, at his home he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old girl by repeatedly kissing her on the lips, touching her on the body and placing his hands on her buttocks and pinching them.

I believe that was there a law to protect children and women, these sexual abuses and other life threatening abuses would not be allowed to happen and progress. Other practises of grave concern in Agape Church which I believe come under public health and safety include

  • Church members being given handkerchiefs of the Prophet's sweat to wipe themselves with believing his sweat is "holy anointing oil".
  • Church members hitting other peoples children and the bible being used to justify this practice. 
  • Children being left alone unsupervised for long periods of time during church services resulting in children engaging in unlawful sexual activities
  • Registered sex offender being appointed as a leader in the church and working with children unsupervised. 
  • Prophet Masocha conducting "Spiritual Surgeries" alone with under-age girls and women in which he does anything he wishes to the women and girls who believe he is "anointed by God to do so"
  • Church members giving all their money to the Church leaving their children hungry to the point of stealing food from shops
  • Women and children being pushed violently to the floor during prayer sessions, recently a woman was hospitalised after being badly injured during the prayer sessions. I also have DVDs which show children being pushed to the floor.  
  • Violent exorcisms on women being conducted against their will, I was once restrained by men and exorcised after I walked out of a church service. In 2006 Prophet Masocha was served with an ASBO for conducting noisy exorcisms in his front garden after neighbours reported him to the police.  
Today I continue to receive phone calls and text messages from women who allege were sexually abused by Prophet Walter Masocha but are afraid of going to the police. I believe that self styled Prophets in the United Kingdom should be CRB checked before they start a church or religious organisation. I believe that Self Styled Prophets in the UK should not be allowed to be with women and under age children (both boys and girls) in a room alone conducting prayers or any other church practises. This will protect vulnerable women and under age children from being sexually and physically assaulted by Prophets. I believe "exorcisms" should be barned in the United Kingdom as I believe this is a form of physical abuse and torture. It is extremism and most people who undergo this gruesome ritual are not normally consenting adults but are manipulated into believing they have demons in them that need to be cast out. Prophet Masocha says one of his major calling is to conduct exorcisms. I believe the finances of these Prophets should be regulated if they are getting donations from struggling church members, most Prophets live in luxury at the expense of their suffering followers. 

Mr Prime Minister, I am just a woman, who through following a self styled Prophet had my life completely destroyed. I am now in the process of rebuilding my life again.  I was lucky to survive, other victims have been so desperate they committed suicide. My time in the Women's Refuge was painful but powerful, and it was in the refuge that I learnt that in order to obtain justice, it always starts with one person who speaks out, and paves the way for others. I do not want my suffering to be in vain. I do not want my coming out in public with my story to be in vain. I want more than justice for the abuse I have suffered. I want change. I want a safer Britain for the Black African Church communities. I want a safer Britain for the children of parents who choose to follow self styled Prophets. 

I hope you take my petition into consideration

Yours sincerely

Jean ( A Survivor of life threatening Church Abuse in modern day Britain)

Myself with Self Styled Prophet Masocha during a church service in Rochdale May 2013





41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good move Jean but can't see you getting anywhere with that love. Freedom of religion is more powerful than the agenda you are trying to push. Good luck mate.

Anonymous said...

Can u not contact BBC panorama Jean. They love these kind of stories. I believe so much will be uncovered! I watched a programme done by Reggie Yates of Pastor Mbhoro of SA. Yo i didn't know that people can be brainwashed to that extent. I suppose people are struggling so much in this world to live and wherever there is somebody preaching about prosperity they follow. So sad that some people are using the name of God in vain! Perilous times indeed

Anonymous said...

Pinching butt of a 14 year old and kissing her passion lip to lip. Walter! Bloody perv
.Keep fighting Jean we want this thing called Masocha to go down. I hate pedophiles can't stand them. Can someone lock this monster and throw away the keys!

Anonymous said...

These fake and evil people need to be exposed. People who are going to stand in court to support Sochas be warned. Mr Ziyambi you know well you were bribed to support a rapist and peadophile. This is UK not Zimbabwe. I for one I am not going to let you get away with it. This is perverting the course of justice. Why would a man like you take such dirty money. Ziyambi you are a disgrace to the children this man abused. We will continue to report you to the authorities. People like Ziyambi should be thrown in prison and rote there with their father Masocha. I will also write a letter to the Home Office. Madegree iyaya achashaya basa when you start joining the job hunting que with a criminal record on you Ziyambi. We need to report this man. His employers have been informed what he is doing.No reputable organisation would want to be involved with peadophile and rapist supporters. We have an obligation to protect children and not to harm them.You are just as a peadophile like Masocha. People like Ziyambi need to be thrown in jail. You are worse than a terrorist. Shame on you Ziyambi.How can you go to court to support Masocha.All for money.The authorities and your employers will deal with you mate.

Anonymous said...

Tichaona kuti muchasvika kupi vana Ziyambi. See you in court Judas.No mercy on people like you.

Anonymous said...

Can you leave Ziyambi alone! Shame on you. Using Jean's blog to sort out your personal grievances with Ziyambi. What did the man do to you . Zimbabweeans always pulling each other down!

Anonymous said...

Can you leave Ziyambi alone! Shame on you. Using Jean's blog to sort out your personal grievances with Ziyambi. What did the man do to you . Zimbabweeans always pulling each other down!

Anonymous said...

If this ziyambi guy is supporting this peado and rapist,then its fair for him to face thé music. He is just as horrible and as evil this satanic maniac who abuses children and women!!!

Anonymous said...

Guys what did this Ziyambi do?

Anonymous said...

I think we need to deal sympathetically with those still following Masocha. As Jean said they are vulnerable adults who needs help and not attacking. Reporting Agape people to authorities is not the solution to this catastrophic situation. I have cousins in Agape no matter what i say to then they won't listen or talk to me. They are nurses and i am not going to report them because they support Walter Masocha. Let us show Agape love to the followers of Walter Masocha. Two wrongs don't make a right. I think once Masocha is sent to prison we will get our loved ones back. Prayer and patience works.

Anonymous said...

I think we need to deal sympathetically with those still following Masocha. As Jean said they are vulnerable adults who needs help and not attacking. Reporting Agape people to authorities is not the solution to this catastrophic situation. I have cousins in Agape no matter what i say to then they won't listen or talk to me. They are nurses and i am not going to report them because they support Walter Masocha. Let us show Agape love to the followers of Walter Masocha. Two wrongs don't make a right. I think once Masocha is sent to prison we will get our loved ones back. Prayer and patience works.

Anonymous said...

Amen these people are ignorant and manipulated. Their eyes shall open like Paul on the road to Damascus . No need to name and shame them

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can all take time to pray and fast for Agape people.

Anonymous said...

Not sure Agape would appreciate prayers right now love.

Anonymous said...

I have no sympathy for people who support pedophiles. Brainwashed yes but not a man who raped his own wives sisters. Ziyambi is going down with his father.

Anonymous said...

Imika vana veAgape. Walter Masocha in'anga, simba raanoshandisa haribvi Kuna Mwari, tiri kukuudzai vana veAgape. Walter Masocha falls in the category of Boniface Muponda who started off as a self styled prophet and later admitted kuti yaive n'anga. Hama if you don't believe stay in Agape but watch this space

Anonymous said...

Jean there is something going round about you dropping charges.You are such a fake. Will be sending that to house of commons kikiki

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi is going down with Masocha. Just like Shingi. On an extremely happy note the software engineer has been suspended from work.No company want to be associated with such.You may as well throw those degrees and qualifications in bin. Just like your father DOCTOR masocha. You won't work in UK mate. Welcome to Job seekers allowance.You should be thrown in jail full stop.

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi is going down with Masocha. Just like Shingi. On an extremely happy note the software engineer has been suspended from work.No company want to be associated with such.You may as well throw those degrees and qualifications in bin. Just like your father DOCTOR masocha. You won't work in UK mate. Welcome to Job seekers allowance.You should be thrown in jail full stop.

Anonymous said...

Nguva yehondo vanaZiyambi ndivo vanhu vaipiswa alive. You deserve what you have just got.For an inteligent man like you-unbeliavable.You will never even get a care job in this country.Don't worry Masocha will look after you.Imbwa..ptu..ndasvipa.

Anonymous said...

Nguva yehondo vanaZiyambi ndivo vanhu vaipiswa alive. You deserve what you have just got.For an inteligent man like you-unbeliavable.You will never even get a care job in this country.Don't worry Masocha will look after you.Imbwa..ptu..ndasvipa.

Anonymous said...

Yohwe ahhh iwe ndiwe Jean wa Ziyambi shuwa. Akanyanyokuitei ko Ziyambi waacho. Zvichiri zvaMasocha chete here izvi.

Anonymous said...

Yohwe ahhh iwe ndiwe Jean wa Ziyambi shuwa. Akanyanyokuitei ko Ziyambi waacho. Zvichiri zvaMasocha chete here izvi.

Anonymous said...

12 people turned up at the mens conference. Take heart Jean church is no more. They are powerless now waiting for their fate.

Anonymous said...

It's encouraging to hear fellow brothers n sisters supporting abused women and girls. I hope the victims of Sochas realise that reporting him can give them closure and the offence and bitterness will cease. If you continue without healing , you might even miss heaven. No one will even know you were a victim unless you choose to come out like Jean.
Ladies, be encouraged, do the right thing and let this evil act come to an end.

Anonymous said...

Who is this Ziyambi? Fill us please

Anonymous said...


Most shocking news so far is that of Charles Chademana and Heather getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what are these Agapeans playing at? Isn’t Heather 4 years older than Charles? Like how , why and his family is definitely not happy about it all. Typical arranged marriages when will this stop?

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi is the husband to Judith's sister Viola Luwisi that got rapped as a child by Sochaz

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi was seen at Asda car park supermarket asleep in his car. Zvave kubaya manje.Angove mafunganya enzuma kufunga chakadya nyanga. Zvazoiwana ngwarati manje. Maiti makangarwa baba. You will never work in UK mate.Mwana wadaddy arira.Kumba hakurarike.Basa hapasisina. Motoita zvaJudas akanotsvaga muti wake nerope yake. Otherwise the jail is your next stop over mate.

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi ,Zunguza kikkkkkki judgement day is coming .

Anonymous said...

Evil

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi is back to work after suspension. I can't believe some companies choose to take a blind eye over such crime.Expeditors International should be ashamed of themselves. The man is a peadophile end of. Don't allow him near your children. He should never be allowed near his children. We have a duty to protect children from such animals.

Anonymous said...

God is Good all the time .

Anonymous said...

Vanhu munozvinetsereyiko, masocha is a satanist. Věry soon zvichafumuka zvese. Mwari havasi benzi , havavhari maziso avo mufunge.masocha anogona kufunga kuti akangwara kwatiri, asi kwete kuna Jehova.

Anonymous said...

Vanhu munozvinetsereyiko, masocha is a satanist. Věry soon zvichafumuka zvese. Mwari havasi benzi , havavhari maziso avo mufunge.masocha anogona kufunga kuti akangwara kwatiri, asi kwete kuna Jehova.

Anonymous said...

If you look at that horrible looking face,you can actually tell that he is an evil maniac. A maniac full of evil spirits and very very very diabolic indeed.

Anonymous said...

Peado Ziyambi has been given employment in the Facalty of Engineering and Computing as lecturer and doing phd research studentship.His new employers should be informed of the kind of person this man is.I know a lot of people that Ziyambi did assignments and their projects as well. The fact that Ziyambi stood by masocha is enough to make sure that this man should never be allowed to work for any organisation.He was paid to support masocha.

Anonymous said...

Let go dear. It's not your place to execute vengeance. Pray for Ziyambi. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Envy envy envy.You are a bitter and unhappy person 1846. This is no longer about Masocha. Ziyambi the Lord is with you. Not everyone is going to celebrate your success.

Anonymous said...

Ziyambi mudikani unosvika kupi uchitambudzwa like this. Kana mudzimai asingachakuda haachadi. You know well she wants you out of the house. I sympathise naViola but Ziyambi is also a victim in this. Did this man know that his wife was raped na Masocha? Ndinonzwira vana venyu hurombo shuwa. Vanodzidzei kubva kuva bereki vakadaro. Mai nababa vanorara in seperate bedrooms.Hamunyari shuwa. How can you use Jean's blog to try to destroy someone. For the sake of your children Ziyambi why don't you move out of the house. Mungasvika pakuda kutodzingisana mabasa here.Social services need to help those innocent kids.I've never seen love turned into hate like this. Its hard for any man to acknowledge that his own wife was raped by someone he knows.Especially that you kept it a secret from him yet other people knew.Musadaro hama. Mwari kudenga variko.

Anonymous said...

1845, Ziyambi has worked hard for those kids and that house. Why separate a man from his kids. We do sympathise with the wife ofcourse. But this family's problems began years before Jean's blog. We all know too well whose vividly posting abt Ziyambi's work places. Zviri kubuda mumba imomo. When social services get involved, it will mess up both parents' DBS'. Mese muchasara musina mabasa both wife and husband in the long run. Social services needs to be contacted for the sake of those kids. A whistle blower chaiyo.