DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Thursday 19 February 2015

FAITH MUTEMA EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

 Faith Mutema speaks out about her ordeal and encourages women to rise up above any storm. 


Last year a Zimbabwean mother Faith Mutema was publicly humiliated after a video of her crying and begging for forgiveness from her husband was posted on social media for the whole world to see. After watching the video I was personally moved to offer my support to Faith. Three months later  Faith has started the process of rebuilding her life. In an exclusive interview to He Was My Daddy Blog, Faith says,   “ I am the type of person that need answers and closure, very loving and caring but I hate backstabbers and pretenders. I grew up in a loving supportive family,  my mother and father have been wonderful parents to me. They have worked hard to provide a stable foundation for my life and future. They have taught me invaluable lessons about work, marriage, parenting, relationships and life. They set a healthy example from the very beginning that life is not all about getting… it’s about giving. My father has a motto for us as family. “Learn to be quiet ” as in to respect fools to avoid noise. And this helped a lot in my life because no matter what you do good or bad people will always talk and if you keep yourself away from them they will definitely reach a point when they will give up” Faith took her father’s advice diligently and kept quiet when her video went viral, but as her name was tarnished on social media, she felt now was the time to speak out and bring closure to her ordeal as she starts a fresh page in her life.

Humble Faith has learnt a lot from her supportive parents. 

“ I was so much in love with my husband and he was my true love. As you know all relationships are not rosy. I had lots of bad experiences in my marriage but I kept everything in my heart those who would see my glowing and smiling face outside could not easily figure out what I was experiencing But I also have good memories of my marriage.  Yes I believe in love….. My heart has been broken but still I believe in love because no matter what happens or how bad it seems today life goes on and it will be better tomorrow. “ Faith said confidently when asked whether she still believed in love.


Its not easy being a working mother, but as a woman you multitask! 

Her biggest role in her life as a woman is being a mother, and through the darkest moments of her life, it was her role as a mother that helped her find that inner strength. “Being a mother compelled me to reinvent myself, discovering a power within myself that has helped me reach the new rhythm in this path. Oh, what a challenge motherhood has been, and how complex it has been to educate my children, to grow and teach myself to be more patient, more focused and to appreciate together the small and great things of life. How tiring it has been to find the balance to guide them with limits, but without hindering their freedom. How extremely difficult it is to say ‘no’. How to make them happy and live a better life than the one we experienced. How difficult it is to love and to educate at the same time. It is true that a mother’s love is different from everything else; it is an immense force that helps you forgive, trust, and honor the divine commitment of being a mother, without schedules, without rest and without a script. I found within myself a power I didn't know existed”.

As a professional working mother, Faith says its been her greatest challenge as a woman, working and being a mum, "My greatest challenge as a woman is motherhood and keeping myself professionally active. It was a major test in my life, but I had not fully realized that being a mother is, in itself, the greatest challenge in a woman’s life. Pillian, Pascaline and Paisley were born when I was a mature woman and in the midst of a solid professional career. The birth of our children was a miracle of love that transformed us, our daily routine, thoughts, hierarchies and interests. Despite all of this, I wanted to be the same woman as I had always been. I could only begin to guess that this challenge would bring me the greatest learning of my life. And to work even more harder to provide for the family. The first thing was to accept the change."

Speaking about her relationship with her estranged husband Patrick, Faith says “ Patrick is the father of my kids and I cannot run away from that. We are not together but we talk together about the children. Whatever he said in the papers about the DNA tests those were just stories, he knows the kids are his and nothing else.  Right now I don’t know whether I will get back with him,  I have a lot on my mind and I am trying to focus on myself and my children.”

We now live in a civilized society, people think outside the box. 

Asked how she felt after the story went viral, Faith said, “I could not believe what was happening, it was like in a movie. To tell the truth I never thought Patrick could do such a thing to me and my family after all I went through. Vana Tete were supposed to get to the bottom of the story and find ways of solving it other than doing what they did, they forget they also have daughters. It is said “ Akazvara sekera mudende” or “ Mugoni wepwere ndeasinayo” so what goes around surely will come around. I was so touched and felt sorry for my father and the pain was unbearable, they belittled him of which even today when I think of it, it makes me cry. I was put to shame the most humiliation ever but I don’t blame the world because they are all human and they say whatever they want especially when you give them a chance to do so. First and foremost I blamed myself for solving a wrong thing with a wrong. And I also blamed Patrick for not being man enough to solve this issue without involving the media, taking the video, publishing it. What I did was so wrong but I feel people were not supposed to judge me. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes..... It was unfortunate to me that people could call me all sorts of names but I believe God has something in store for me and will never turn to the world to seek for forgiveness but to God only because He is the answer to all my pleas and He is the only person who understand and knows what was really going on in my marriage and he knows what pushed me that far though it was wrong, I admit. Through my pains I gained strength and learned that I never would have made it without the Lord bringing me through it. I know people will hate me, rate me, shake me, and try to break me but how strong I stand is what makes Me. And God has a reason for me to be here and he will see me through the up and downs.”

Faith said she was touched by the sympathy she received from the public, especially from women,  “Am so grateful with the support. I was overwhelmed with their support because after what I did supporting me was like encouraging to do bad things but I know they took it from the book of the Lord when a woman caught in adultery was forgiven but her accusers were convicted of their conscience when Jesus asked them to stone the woman if among them there was one who had never sinned. It made me strong and to know the reason I have to be on this planet. I’ve three beautiful daughters and they need me and am sure that’s the reason why they felt even if I did something wrong I needed that support for the sake of my kids and family because if I am gone they will never have another loving and caring mother , sister or aunt like me.”

Asked what advice she would give to any women who ever found themselves in a situation like hers, a resilient Faith spoke boldly against adultery and discouraged married women to ever go down that path, “ My advice to women is to never allow yourself to be in a situation which makes your life difficult / which doesn't suits you/ you are not comfortable with , whenever you feel things are not well leave if you have the chance to do so. Don’t ever think of being resolute cause you will end up in my situation whereby you thing doing what I did is right and think makes you feel better yet when caught no one will ever listen to what you went through.

A fresh faced and confident Faith at a Church Valentine dinner on February 14th. 

I asked Faith whether she thought our Zimbabwean culture played a part in the way she was treated by her husband’s family and publicly shamed. “ I really feel yes it did, but we now live in a civilized society, people now think outside the box of Zimbabwean culture . I feel that people who did not support what Patrick and his sisters did were very right because you can’t solve your family issues through the public humiliation , what will be the meaning of the saying “ Chakafukidza dzimba matenga”. Patrick’s family wanted to tarnish my image and destroy me completely and they thought the world could turn on me and say all sorts of bad things, but to those who are mature enough they didn't rush into conclusions. The fact that am so polite and taking it from the motto I learnt from my father “ Kunyarara kunokunda kurwa” I had to be quite. Its not that I didn't have anything to say or to fight back, had lots to say about him but was too way smart for that. • I would like to thank all those who supported me and I still need the support to keep me going and to those who called me names it was good for you during that time and you stole nothing from me am still the same Faith and even better now. I am Stronger because I had to be, I am Smarter because of my mistakes, Happier because of the sadness I've known and now Wiser because I have learnt from my life’s journey. I have stood and my future looks positive, if I can do it, any woman can. When you are shamed on social media, it looks dark and gloomy, but you can still rise up from the dust. I am living proof of that, I have risen above the storm”

I am happier because of the sadness I've known. 

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a encouraging article Faith. You didn't deserve the humiliation but it's wrong to commit adultery. Well done for knowledging your errors.

Anonymous said...

God is faithful always. You are a strong woman Faith.

Anonymous said...

You are a strong and bold woman. It is only God u answer to and i am glad you know that and have acknowledged your mistake. Let no man bring you down or hama dzake. Iwe mira segamba. God knows what you went through and knows the pain you felt. He will surely see you through .

Anonymous said...

Thank you Faith for sharing your story. Sometimes as women we find ourselves in these situations out of hardships in our marriages not justifying adultery of course. Look at Mathias Mhere wife as much as we deny it these things happen. Faith hold your head up you repented nothing to be ashamed of anymore.

Anonymous said...

Wow I always wondered what happened to Faith. I'm glad you are soldering on Fay don't let any man put you down ever.

Anonymous said...

If your father told you kuti kunyarara kunokunda abode why are you speaking then. Double standards. If I were you I would get back with Patrick. Single mother of three children and a reputation. Pafunge mai.

Anonymous said...

Faith, soldier on girl. There is someone better for you out there! Men do not forgive that easily... Do not reconsider. Someone out there loves you sister... Beautiful as you are! No one should judge you.. John 8:7

Anonymous said...

Wow Faith you are definitely a woman after my own heart. When an individual acknowledges their mistakes even in the sights of injustice, that individual has my support and that is you Faith. I am glad that I am one of the women who stood by you in prayer asking God to embrace you. Me and my friend have been praying for women to unite and to harness the power within us in order to build each other up. So when your video went viral, we stood by you and prayed that God would raise you up from the ashes into beauty. I thank God that He has rescued you. May you now be given strength to empower other women. I pray that you completely forgive your husband. Remain blessed, you have just become one of my Heroes.

Anonymous said...

Faith you look stunning and you are one classy woman. May God bless you with a God fearing husband. May a table be prepared for you in the presence of your evil in laws.

Anonymous said...

ummmm single mother of three children and a reputation my ass .Soldier on Faith keep your low confidence miserable person to yourself .Ane 5 akazorooorwa wani ndimi type dzevanhu vanodzvinyirirwa mudzimba .Reputation in this day and age uchirikuchemera reputation .

Anonymous said...

Forgive your husband for the humiliation but I don't think you should go back to him. A man who can go that far without thinking about the impact of his actions on his kids does not deserve you. He was after his own revenge chete . Vana izvozvi vanosekwa kwese kwavanoenda. Besides that man is too ugly to be your husband. Hautye here kurara nebhinya riya. U deserve better. Hope vana vako will look more like you than that stupid ape. Move on you shamwari. U can still get a better man and yes with your three children and reputation. You are a human and all human errs. Varume varikuhura day after day but they are not put through this shut. And Havana kana conscience zvavo. Hipocrisy yega yega.

Anonymous said...

Faith it is good that you have forgiven yourself and moving on.The most important thing is to forgive yourself first then God will also forgive you.The devil will definitely keep coming to remind you of what you have done in the past but be ready to tell it straight to him kuti ndakawanirwa Nyasha and i have moved on!It is surely a lesson not to fight wrong with wrong.Best to walk out first before you are termed as an adulterer !!!Thank You for coming out !

Anonymous said...

Probably a view from a man ajaira kutsikirira vakadzi. Ngaasiyane nemboko inonzi patrick. I can guarantee u kuti he she will find a better man.

Anonymous said...


Sister fay, its unfortunate that kana murume uchiedza kuti utaurirane naye mumba zvinoshupa, he wont even lent you his ears. Sometimes you get fade up you will think , oh yes let me find solace in the middle of moving on with your life they get suspicious they monitor each and every move you make,not because they love you. But they want to give you the last kick and they will make sure they come out clean even if they are the ones who would have started the game. In this case it appears as though you were the wrong doer but l feel its the man who pushed your buttons. Murume kana asisakude he will try by all means to push your buttons and put the blame on you. I support you sister fay and all those in a tight situation. Raramirai vana venyu sister varume vanonetsa.

Anonymous said...


Sister fay, its unfortunate that kana murume uchiedza kuti utaurirane naye mumba zvinoshupa, he wont even lent you his ears. Sometimes you get fade up you will think , oh yes let me find solace in the middle of moving on with your life they get suspicious they monitor each and every move you make,not because they love you. But they want to give you the last kick and they will make sure they come out clean even if they are the ones who would have started the game. In this case it appears as though you were the wrong doer but l feel its the man who pushed your buttons. Murume kana asisakude he will try by all means to push your buttons and put the blame on you. I support you sister fay and all those in a tight situation. Raramirai vana venyu sister varume vanonetsa.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for what you went throgh. Life goes on, make the most of it and be strong for your daughters.

Anonymous said...

Whatever the problems in the marrriage it was wrong to have an affair or seek solace by offering herself to another man. As you claim my sister that you know God then am sure you are aware of other channels to solve these problems. Family yaPatrick especially that tete and the one who took the video shame on you. I wonder what Patrick said to them after the video went viral. The biggest problem in our African culture is we stay in marriage for the family not for love. As it is Patrick might still be in love with Faith but because of his family especially that tete he can't reconcile with his wife. Which is wrong very very wrong. As rumour had it Patrick is a multi women man saka idzi inyoka dzaikoborana. My advice to Patrick is if you are in love nechimoko chako swallow your pride bro go to her wotonyenga futi as it is she still loves you saka haulumile. Mogadzirisawo internal affairs without calling a press conference for chrissake. Do it for yourself and the children ignore your stupid sister or tete or whatever the hell she is.

Anonymous said...

Double standards kudii unoziva zvakakonzera kuti adero.at times men push away their wives and people still believe women should suffer quietly.Go on faith u will get someone who loves you not that ass of a patruick who abused u

Anonymous said...

Faith it is good that you have forgiven yourself and moving on.The most important thing is to forgive yourself first then God will also forgive you.The devil will definitely keep coming to remind you of what you have done in the past but be ready to tell it straight to him kuti ndakawanirwa Nyasha and i have moved on!It is surely a lesson not to fight wrong with wrong.Best to walk out first before you are termed as an adulterer !!!Thank You for coming out !

Anonymous said...

Yes - Faith akatadza and God has the final say - she begged for forgiveness from the husband Patrick. reuniting is not the only way to show forgiveness - anogona kunge akaregerera but not to an extend yekudzokerana mumarriage - only God knows. Faith shouldn't blame marelatives aPatrick at all - we react differently to situations - at least avana kumurova or kuuraya - akarwadzisa vazhinji including her parents and world. She should beg for forgiveness zvakadaro not to hide nekuti aiva nematambudziko akakonzera chihure - all this can come later to reduce mutongo or blame yaunopiwa wena. But its good you still have a positive attitude towards your husband and kids - try not cry anymore and move on. Everyone has history - but bury take zvinobatsira and leave zvisingakubatsiri mberi kweuri kuenda. Thank God you ddnt commit suicide - vamwe vaigona kuzviuraya chaiko - remain strong - munhu wese anokanganisa wena and its tru - I cant judge you, neither should you judge yourself - receive forgiveness and move on - by the way - fdont forget to forgive yourself first and whoever yu feel wronged you or contributed to this situation.

Anonymous said...

yaaa just walk in forgiveness my dear and wait and see the hand of the Lord upon yo but pliz get your children and apologies to them talk to them so that they will really see the wrong of the matter kuitira kuti spirit iyoyo isaenda navo muhupenyu .

Anonymous said...

the 'kunyarara kunokunda zvose' aspect here is in the sense that she did not hit back by talking of what Patrick may have done to her that pushed her to those limits but she took responsibility of her actions and admitted she did wrong. hapana double standard apa, ikozvino akutaura of 'life after public humiliation'

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful woman, move on with your life and concentrate on your children. Hope you never get back with your husband. Find someone who won't mind your past, everyone has a past. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Sorry zvako Faith! These things happen, zvawakabatana wani! Patrick must be a womanizer anosvota but because haana kubatwa sezvawakaitwa anozviti akachenjere. U said it all pawati I corrected a wrong with a wrong. Yes the best was to leave if you realized Patrick was cheating on you or if you stay you stay knowing the monster you have.

Anonymous said...

Sorry zvako Faith! These things happen, zvawakabatana wani! Patrick must be a womanizer anosvota but because haana kubatwa sezvawakaitwa anozviti akachenjere. U said it all pawati I corrected a wrong with a wrong. Yes the best was to leave if you realized Patrick was cheating on you or if you stay you stay knowing the monster you have.

Anonymous said...

Challenges are meant to strengthen you my sister. Victory is for overcomers. 1 Cor 10:13- God will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear...... All that happened may be that the name of the Lord be glorified. Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her... John 8:7. What I can say to you Faith is have FAITH in Jesus Christ. What you were facing is no justification for what you did.... but In the end who are we to judge? The bible says in Matthew 11:28, Come to me all those who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest. 1 Peter 5:7-9, cast all anxiety upon him because he cares.... Matthew 19:9 justifies that adultery is the only sin that can cause divorce, however get me right, I am not saying you should divorce!! My last word to you faith is that by the grace of God you have proved yourself more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37), read Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart And lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.

Anonymous said...

When I saw your video, my heart went out to you. I wished you had held your head high and not given those bastards the joy of seeing u as broken as you were on that day.. I wished you had not pleaded with them and gotten on your knees, but then maybe you had to go through that humiliating episode to grasp whatever God has for your future. Hold your head high Faith, the world can judge, but at the ned of the day what matters is that the world is not God and they do not have a say in what your life will become.. We will see the real Faith as you come out strongerand wiser from this minor set back. All the best mama and may God keep u and prosper you....

Anonymous said...

You are a survivor Faith. Keep going girl.

Anonymous said...

For the first time something that's not about you Jean. Tanga tanzwa ne nyaya dzechikomba champ. This is Very inspiring.

Anonymous said...


For the first time something that's not about you Jean. Tanga tanzwa ne nyaya dzechikomba chako. This is Very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Well done Faith. Kugocha kunoda kwa amai kwemwana kunodzima moto. Varume vevanhu vacho vanozviti ana saimba ndo vanechihure chese manje. Especially in UK. Dzimba dzakawamda dzakaparadzwa ne varume. Dsi ariye akabatwa zvai famba sei?. Keep your head higher for going through all that emotional state because of vanatete. May be tete ndovanechihure chese manje!!! Be blessed

Anonymous said...

pipol God grace does mean we should loose our senses neither is it permission to sin .
This woman what she did is wrong and to think that you guys are trying to glorify this blaming the in laws who humiliated her its a joke
If this girl had not done chihure then no humiliation would have happened
To justify chihure coz murume wako was not listen to you is for non churched / non believers

If your marriage is in problem you should pray for it God will give you an answer - that maybe to divorce but definitely not kuhura

Anonymous said...

NO one has justified infidelity here. Faith herself has repented and realized where she went wrong. What you don't understand is 'pipol' as you call them are looking at Faith as a survivor of the humiliation she didn't deserve. She was thrown in the mud after doing something wrong but the moral of this story is how Faith gets up after being smeared by her in laws. Whatever she did she did, but the fact of the matter is Faith has survived the storm. You can not take that away from her. She seems to be a woman who carries herself well with a bright looking future ahead. I for once think Jean did a good job here. And "pipol' are behind Faith for a reason!

Anonymous said...

No one is justifying chihure. God has already forgiven her. Period. just because she sinned doesn't give any one the right to abuse her.

Anonymous said...

I really don't get it .A married woman has an affair and she is caught and now we need to celebrate how strong she is

Talk about being embarrassed - Faith can I remind you that by your actions dze chihure you totally embarrassed your husband and his family - so quit this I was wronged

This idea of blaming our own culture and down looking at Zimbabwean culture totally shows lack of accepting responsibilities with some Zimbabwean women
I will never support ill treatment of women as I have a mom sisters and a daughter but neither do I tell my daughter to cry wolf when she been caught doing something wrong
If and when you caught accept responsibility take the punishment that comes your way that is what strong women do
at this rate you will be saying thieves must not be locked up as that will embarrass them going to prison
so you lot - you okay with faith embarrassing her hubby by chirure and its not okay for her to be embarrassed - grow up guys
If your wife is having an affair you the last to know and not even your friend will tell you . The whole world will be laughing at you - is that not enough embarrassment for you guys

Anonymous said...

You can't compare stealing with adultery. Stealing is breaking the law and adultery is a personal moral failure.

Stealing you go to jail.

Adultery at worst you get divorce. Stronger couples forgive each other.

Your argument is shallow mate.

Anonymous said...

For some people Jean will never do anything good!

Anonymous said...

Any News on Farai? We pray for the hand of God in her life!
Please update us Jean!!

Anonymous said...

Munhu wacho veduwee.

Anonymous said...

Powerful indeed. I suppose anyone has the power to redeem themselves. Hope Masocha is not taking notes.

Anonymous said...

Please l want to speak out can somebody call privately please

Anonymous said...

Its not easy being a working mother, but as a woman you multitask!

- no darling its pretty easy you did find time to be sleeping with another man whilst you married. Yes you proper multitask - but don't claim its hard when you find time to sex another man

-We now live in a civilized society, people think outside the box.

Please give me a break - our society has always been civilized - we say no to chirure both male and female. To try to justify your action by blaming society its a nonsense

I agree with chomi who said don't cry about being embarrassed - you embarrassed your husband more by being sexed by another man . you made you hubby a laughing stock

a churched person would have asked God for help or divorced

you got caught now you look for support from others with compromised morality and blame everything from our culture society to being Zimbabwean what a joke

before woman society jump on me - I agree with equity between man and woman but I don't agree with things like this ie its okay for faith to embarrass her hubby but not vise versa




Anonymous said...

Faith didn't publicly embarrass Patrick, he did a good job of that himself by posting the whatsapp chats and video. Faith is merely responding to the fiasco Patrick created. Duh.

Anonymous said...

That's men for you! Stupid men might I add. Those who were not raised up by FATHERS but by just another man who happened to be called daddy or baba. As for the sisters, watch and see. What goes around comes around. Indeed it does! Move on. Focus on self and children!

Anonymous said...

Brave girl. The greatest are those who get up after being knocked down.