DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Sunday 28 December 2014

PROPHET MASOCHA TO APPEAR IN COURT ON TUESDAY 30TH DECEMBER


Dear readers, as the year draws to a close with the appearance of Dr Walter Masocha before court on Tuesday this week charged with multiple sexual offences, I would like to take my dear readers through my journey before the blog. Sometimes I still think its a dream, its still so unreal. I sometimes look back and reflect and think was it my fault. Did I cause the downfall of an anointed man of God?  I still have to go before the Lord like David and say "Search me and try me Oh Lord". I never planned any of this, I trusted a "man of God" as I believed and in the process I found myself in a situation that was I not strong enough, I probably wouldn't even  be here talking about this.   Am I perfect, far from it, but did I deserve the darkness that befell me in Agape? I will let you readers be the judge....I pray this upcoming court case will bring a closure to my pain and suffering.  I still yearn for justice and I believe no woman should ever go through what I went through. Never. I may seem like this strong woman to you all, but I still suffer some of the effects of what "Daddy" and his children did to me and because of that my spirit still yearns for justice and truth. 

Before He Was My Daddy 


  • 2007  Patience Musuka (after being introduced by Valentine Gayakaya) join new arising Pentecostal Agape Church led by self styled Prophet Walter Masocha 
  • 2008 Gertrude Musuka and Patricia Musuka join the new movement and try to get the whole family on board.
  • Shepherd Musuka refuses to join the Agape movement calling the Prophet a crook robbing people in broad daylight
  • December 2010 I visit Agape Liverpool Branch on one Sunday service where I witness women making barking dog like sounds during prayer, children and young women violently falling to the floor, testimonies of seeing rainbows in kitchen sinks and angels floating in the air, everyone talking about Masocha instead of Christ, (I then make a decision that this Church was not my cup of tea and leave in peace) frankly I was freaked out and scared. 
  • April 2011 Gertrude Musuka pays for a hotel room in Doncaster for me to attend an Easter Conference. I initially decline the offer but in the end had no choice but to go. 
  •  April 2011 I attend an Agape Conference for the first time. I see Dr Masocha for the first time. I am shocked by what I see, (people violently falling down, women dressed as soldiers in male combats and overalls, men dressed as women with bandanas on their heads) I am literally scared and want to leave, my then mother in law takes my hand and leads me to the alter.
  • I am prayed for by a Francis Aturia who pushes me in the process but I stand my ground refusing to fall on the ground.
  • Sadly I get caught up in the moment and experience what I thought was a "touch from God"
  • I go home now "AGAPED" even wanting an overall of my own. 
  • May 2011 I start attending the Liverpool Agape Branch then led by Julius Gayakaya and his second wife Yvonne. I am disturbed by the things I see ie bullying, lying, high divorce rates, money issues. However I am confused at this stage and believe Masocha may be a prophet of God. I reach out to him. 
  • June 2011 I now refuse to attend Agape Church whatsoever, word start going around in Liverpool that Jean is demon possessed that's why she refuses to come to Church. 
  • June 2011 Gertrude Musuka pays for me to attend a Prayer Conference In Scotland St Andrews, I refuse to go. For the first time in my life I spent an entire long weekend alone crying at home. 
  • July 2011 against my will I am taken to see Prophet Masocha to Scotland where I see him face to face for the first time in his office in Stirling. 
  • After the meeting with Masocha I visit his mansion Cosyneuk for the first time where I meet his step daughters Sharon and Sandra as they were cooking in the state of the art marble kitchen. I am shocked that a preacher lives in such luxury when the saints are suffering, So shocked am I that I refuse to eat in his house. 
  • Augast 2011 I travel to Zimbabwe for summer holiday
  • I meet Shepherd Musuka in Zimbabwe were we have a serious talk about Agape
  • Shepherd expresses his reservations about the church and he warns me that whatever happens when I go back to England I should never go back to Agape Church.
  • In Zimbabwe whilst walking in the streets of Glen Norah I see the mother of an Agape leader (Shepherd Janga) who warned people that God would curse them if they don't give money to Agape. 
  • I am shocked that this mother is wearing torn clothes and looking hungry in the streets of Zimbabwe whilst her son is busy threatening  congregates to give more money to Walter Masocha. I am informed by a reliable source that this mother is on government food aid. 
  • September 2011 having taken heed of Shepherd Musuka's warning and seen this poor mother suffering in Zimbabwe, I then come back to the UK with my mind made up I was never going back to Agape again. 
  • 20 September 2011 I am forced to attend Agape Couples Conference so that I am cleansed of "evil spirits"
  • I go through 8 hours of gruelling exorcism where I was pinned to the floor by Muchengeti Hove, Langton Mburayi, Gertrude Musuka and Calisto Misi. By the end of the exorcism  I was a fully Agaped follower of Dr Masocha and that is where my journey began. 

When He Was My Daddy

Some of the Text Messages I was to receive from Prophet Masocha during my Agape membership

9 April 2012: Jean, my most beloved daughter xxx

20 April 2012: Glad you travelled well my daughter. It was good to have you at home. See you soon. Good night. Blessings from your ever loving Dad. xxx

23 April 2012: Always praying for you my darling daughter. My babby gal. My God is with you xxx

30 April 2012 : Yes my darling daughter, the drawing is excellent. First of its kind. Just like you, it occupies a pride of place in my heart. xxx

30 April 2012: Mwaaa

4 June 2012: My beloved daughter Jean. Praying for you always. Sending you love and blessings from Dublin, Republic of Ireland. Your ever loving Dad. xxxx

2 July 2012 : Thats MY GIRL! Oh I like that. Thats a covenant with God. I thank God for you. I love you so much. Daddy. xxxx

16 July 2012: I love you Jean mwanangu, praying for you always. Blessings from Kampal, Uganda, Daddy.xxx

1 August 2012: Happy Birthday Jean my beloved daughter. See you in a bit. xxxx


4 August 2012: Enjoy your birthday my beloved daughter. Your Daddy loves you ALWAYS! xxxxx

No wonder I thought this man really was my Daddy....


After He Was My Daddy

14  July 2013: During a church service in Wigan, Mental health Nurse Gertrude Musuka carry out a "full mental health assessment" on me as she called it and dials 999 along with her mother for an ambulance to come and section me under the mental health act in front of the church. 

The police and ambulance crew find this behaviour barbaric and unusual and refuse to section me or arrest me. 

15 July 2013 Church members and Gertrude Musuka react badly to the decision made by the Ambulance Crew and start bullying me and torturing me mentally and emotionally. I receive no support or help from Church leaders. I speak to Dr Masocha on the phone who tells me he does not condone what Gertrude did and  says the family are barbaric and "there is something wrong with them"

16 July 2013 I try desperately to call Daddy Masocha who is  preparing to go on holiday to Spain with step daughters and his wife Judith as the abuse from Church members was becoming unbearable. He tells me he is off on a family holiday and I should not do anything but continue going to Church and wait for him to come back and deal with the issue. He says I should forgive Gertrude and be a good girl because Christ suffered worse humiliation than what I went through during the ambulance incident. 

17 July 2013 I find out Dr Masocha had told Julius Gayakaya to call my family and tell them to take me to a mental health hospital for assessment because the ambulance crew failed to do their job. Staff Nurse Julius Gayakaya threatens my family saying he is a qualified doctor apparently and will take matters into his own hands should they fail to get me into a mental health hospital. 

I then flee from the Church and ended up homeless in a Women's Refuge for my own safety and sanity. 

28 July 2013 I report Prophet Masocha to police for abuse. 

October 2013 I start He Was My Daddy Blog as a way of dealing with the pain of spiritual, emotional, domestic, sexual, and financial abuse. 

Today I am sitting in my home nursing my very beautiful baby girl who brought me joy and healing in this whole ordeal. I wanted to share with you readers, my journey before the blog. As we draw close to Tuesday, may we pray for all the victims of Dr Walter Masocha especially the women who have had their marriages broken and the women who have been violated. 

In the meantime all pictures have suddenly been removed from the Agape website and no statement has yet been issued by Agape regarding why the pictures have been removed and the upcoming court case. 














13 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you go on the Agape Board?

Anonymous said...

The law must take its course and the truth must be told. Dr Walter Masocha must pay for all the abuse he perpetrated against innocent and perhaps gullible church congregants who fell for his trickery under the guise of a vision of Agape - the true and unconditional love of God.

There are lessons that we should learn from all this,

1. All church leaders are human beings and should be treated as such as opposed to equating them to God or Jesus Christ. Masocha tells his congregants that he is the 13th Apostle. What hogwash!

2. As believers in the word of God we must always test the spirits behind these men of God, and not judge them. If the people in AGAPE and those who have left have had the opportunity to do that (test the spirit) it would have occurred to them that the spirit residing in Masocha is not of God primarily because of the fruits of that spirit - Abuse, sexual, physical and emotional as well as false teachings. There are things that are so glaringly wrong that he did and said and people still believed and allowed him to carry on.

3. Church leadership must be a calling and not a job. If you called you will be prepared to carry other people's crosses and stand for the truth. The reason why the Agape leadership die not confront this beast head-on right from the onset is because there is serious patronage and therefore bootlicking. To many it was a source of income and nothing more.

4. Church constitutions must be made by the people for the church and not to serve the interests of church founders and leaders.

5. Leaders must always have a plan B. Plan B will attend to the worst case scenario. Leaders should be proactive and not reactive. What if Masocha is convicted and send to jail? Does Agape have a clear succession plan? If there is no plan there is going to be an implosion. The incarceration of Masocha will mark the beginning of the end of Agape. There will be a few, driven by selfish interests, who will want to continue with the 'vision' but they will not succeed because the vision was personified.

5. The larger community must prepare themselves for the worst, Masocha can come out of this trial not guilty. Evil can prevail if the victims don't build their case well. What will become of this world with Masocha on the sprawl? There will be double abuse under the false vision with false testimonies - it will be a time of consolidation fir him on all fronts.

6. We have a responsibility to protect one another especially the vulnerable. Masocha preyed mostly on the vulnerable using ill-gotten wealth. The evil prevailed because good men and women did not do anything. It took one Jean Gasho, a victim, to bring all the abuse to the fore.

What doesn't kill you makes you strong. We must come out of all this stronger and the more wiser. We learnt good lessons in a very bad and bitter way. Sam

Anonymous said...

God bless you Jean darling x

Anonymous said...

Saka Peshi na Vale ndivo vakabatidza zimoto rese iri? Masocha anozviziva here?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Keep on praying,The Lord is faithful. This is a big day in the Christian world. -False prophets must be plugged out.
- There is also a need to spread the word to news networks so that they can publish such cases just like any other cases of abuse going on now.
There is need to get the world to know of these people who abuse in the name of God.
I also think the government needs to change how these organisations are regulated.
- Put a cap on how much someone can give to a church as parents are being brainwashed to give all they have thereby making children go hungry and end up stealing from shops.
Children have been deprived of what they can have eg toys and other goodies.
Such Cults like Agape should be Shut period!!!!

Thanks Jean and all those who have supported this cause - fighting against abuse of any kind.
Whether he goes to prison all not, soo many people have been saved for who they are in christ.
Those left have only themselves to blame.
And lastly I say to Jean Gasho may the Lord be with you for the rest of your life.
-You are inspiration to many women out there.
-You are truly used by the all mighty our Lord God.
-A very talented young woman with four lovely children.
- Your English is good and interesting to read.
-You know exactly how to put words together and exactly where they belong.
The first ever Zimbabwean woman I have seen who comes after my mum in being so industrious and being positively influential to other women.
May your work and your whole family be blessed Jean.
I Thank Lord for your life as we pray that the whole truth be revealed tomorrow.

Kitsiyatota said...

Christmas greetings Jean-
You must also prepare yourself for a not guilt verdict and the back lash that would come with that .
Its highly unlikely Masocha will get away with this but the law is an Ass

Anonymous said...

God is a righteous judge .Let Him arise and let the enemies be scattered .Justice and Truth will prevail in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ.I pray for God's awesome presence in the courtroom.

Anonymous said...

I would like to be in court for this case - any chance of a lift from Liverpool area

Anonymous said...

any updates?

Anonymous said...

Big day tomorrow ! God hear our prayers! Save your children from more harm from masocha

Anonymous said...

anyone out there to up date us with court proceeding today cant sleep looking for news on this man

Anonymous said...

http://www.zimeye.com/video-latest-on-pastor-walter-masocha-sexual-assault-trial/