DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Monday 22 December 2014

My Tribute To Porsha Williams

Porsha's selfie

My selfie December 2013 two months before I was to be locked out of my own house and evicted. However I could now afford braids...


When I fled Agape in 2013 I was now able to do the little things I could never do in my two years in Agape, one of them besides buying enough food was being able to afford to get my hair done. So in December 2013, exactly a year ago when things were very much heated on my blog, I mean at the very peak, I decided to go and treat myself to a nice braid do for Christmas, as soon as the lady finished doing my hair, she asked me a question, 

"Do you watch Real Wives Of Atlanta?"

"I have heard about it, but no I don't watch it. Why?" I replied. 

"There is lady there who looks like you, let me show you..." 

She took her phone, and lo and behold I saw her picture for the first time. She was really pretty, so I was flattered to be compared to such a beauty. 

"Wow, what's her name," I asked her.

"PORSHA STEWART", she replied, as she was known last year. 

I had to go and check her out. I had to find out more about this Real Housewives show. I went on You Tube to see what I could find. The first time I watched it , obviously I was hooked. The show became an instant hit in our household, more like addiction rather. I was already a reality TV junkie so RHOA became my kinda show.  My guilty pleasure, I mean you have these women who can buy whatever shoes or handbag they want, they always have their hair done, (for me that was a fantasy in Agape, lol)  they have these dream houses and expensive cars,(For some of us we only saw that on Prophet Masocha and his step daughters) and to top it all up, successful husbands, hello, what woman doesn't want that. My favourite of course became Porsha Williams as she is now known, not only because I was told I look like her,  but because she is the same age as me as well, well only one year older than me, but mostly because she was super cool and had a picture perfect life...

Her life was picture perfect...and so was mine...

But all that glitters is not gold. A picture/camera perfect life is not always reality perfect. So many times we as women paint a rosy picture to our girlfriends and everyone, but when behind closed doors its a rather grim picture. Porsha  said her life was picture perfect and described her husband Kordell Stewart as the man of her dreams. As I watched the show, I couldn't help notice how much Porsha valued her marriage and how submissive she was to her husband.  This is something I truly admired in her. In one episode of RHOA Porsha wowould not join the other housewives when they went clubbing  at a trip club because of her respect and submission to her then husband. I truly admired her humble and meek spirit as a wife. I have always believed marriage should be valued and women should be submissive to their husbands. I believe women are designed to play a subservient role in marriage. Yes I know some y'all think I am a feminist, but I am not, far from it. I am just against the abuse of women, especially pertaining to our culture as Africans, but that does not make me a feminist. What I find rather interesting is that when a woman is submissive to her husband, if he is a weak man with insecurities,  contrary to popular believe, he will find that woman too strong for him, and to make himself feel good, he will then develop a tendency to control the woman, consciously or subconsciously. I truly believe that this was the case with Kordell Stewart. Porsha's picture perfect marriage was then cut short when Kordell  announced on Twitter that he was divorcing her. The man didn't even have the decency to tell her in person in their own home, Porsha found out on social media! A man who does something like that is weak and a coward. He then went on to lock her out of their matrimonial home during the divorce proceedings. Porsha comes home one day to find the locks changed. Boy have I got a lot in common with this woman or what? She may be in another part of the world, living in the uttermost luxury money can offer, but I have walked Porsha's road alright. I may not be as rich as rich or as famous as Porsha, but somehow life and reality has treated us both just the same. I know what it means to be locked outside your own home. I know what it means to have locks changed on your own door. I know what it means not to have access into your own home. Its funny how we as women, no matter what status in life we have, no matter what continent we are in, third or first world, rich or poor, sometimes we still all face the same harsh realities of just being a woman...Emotional abuse can happen in a three story mansion, emotional abuse can happen in a mud hut. 

The strong woman in Porsha...and I see that in me too

I said before, being a submissive woman to a man is a sign of strength within you, not weakness. You see when you are a submissive wife to a insecure and weak man, you depend on your husband's strength so much you will not even realise the power in you. You will not even know that you can do things on your own, things that are beyond your wildest dreams even. Wait till that man drops you like a hot bun, the shock of a picture perfect marriage ending without warning will automatically trigger the release of the strength and bravery you would have been keeping in reserve all your marriage. When a man is controlling you and emotionally abusing you, taking your submissiveness for weakness, he doesn't realise that he is bringing out the best in you, and training you and preparing you to be a strong independent woman. 

I love that Porsha was able to pick up herself and move on. She started shinning more and never gave up on her dreams. She launched her music career and lingerie line.  I believe she could have never achieved all these things with a controlling husband who would not let her spread her wings. I admire Porsha Williams and for me she makes Real Housewives Of Atlanta worth watching. And a lot of people keep telling me I look like her, so I felt a connection to her and couldn't help but do what I do best, draw her...lol. 

Nino came up with the idea of tweeting  my artwork, so yesterday we tweeted Porsha Williams drawing. I did a collage of her selfies, and I specifically chose pictures where she wore very minimum make-up and was looking very natural. As you know I am a big believer in natural beauty, and I tried my best to bring out Porsha's natural beauty! 

Well Porsha loved it so much she thanked me and posted my artwork on her Instagram and I was truly humbled my picture got over 6 000 likes. You gotta love Porsha, not only is she a strong black woman in her own right, shes also very humble and genuine.  
A number of people have since told me Porsha Williams and I bear a resemblance....

I took this selfie in July 2013 a week after fleeing Agape Church after the Ambulance incident, A few days later after taking this picture I was to report Dr Masocha to the police for abuse. I wore sunglasses as I was doing a lot of crying these days...

The collage drawing I did of Porsha before Nino and I  posted on Twitter...


How Porsha received the drawing...


Porsha then posted my art on her Instagram, I was truly inspired...


Sometimes women feel crushed when they suddenly find themselves in an unexpected divorce. Sometimes you can never see yourself recovering and you think its the worst thing to happen to you. But most of the time its actually a blessing in disguise, because God will be saving you from a lifetime of pain and misery, it may be the best thing to happen to you. Thank you Porsha Williams for inspiring me and all the other black women out there who are treated bad publicly by their husbands. You said I am super talented, I take those words to my heart and believe one day I too will be able to achieve my dreams. I am truly encouraged by you. You really are a black woman who rocks! 


In other news...

Faith Mutema
I am very pleased to hear that Faith's husband Patrick has publicly apologised to Faith for publicly humiliating her and has condemned his sisters for ill-treating Faith. Funny enough Nino predicted this the day I wrote my open letter to Faith. Well done Patrick, it took a lot of humility for you to do that, especially acknowledging that your sisters were wrong and interfered in something that was none of their business in the first place. How I wish more Zimbabwean men did that. God bless you. 

Prophet WALTER MASOCHA
Just a reminder to my readers that the Walter Masocha trial starts in Scotland on the 31st December 2014. He has been charged with sexual assault of several victims including an under age child. Please pray for me and all victims as this will not be an easy time for us. 

Zimbabwe touts who publicly stripped a young lady
Though one reader condemned me for writing about how disgusted I was by this sickening incident and said culture evolves bla bla bla and I shouldn't assume Western culture should be imposed in Zimbabwe, and I should not be antagonistic (whatever that means) I am happy to inform readers that two men were arrested for sexual assault in connection with this incident. So again I will say I will never stop speaking for the Zimbabwean woman, call me antagonistic or whatever, the Zimbabwean woman matter to me. 

On that note I close this post, It is supposed to be all about my tribute to Porsha Williams, so I will keep the other stories short...Hope you all enjoy Christmas with family and friends, please I urge you all  don't give all your money to the church or your pastor, its not worth it you wont get any "blessings" from God trust me. Spend the money on your children please. Happy Holidays...





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Jean go! This is just beautiful the sky is the limit. Experience is the best teacher I see so much maturity in your writing. Praying for all victims of Walter

Anonymous said...

Yes you do look alike bless you two.
Jean shine girl shine! No weapon formed against you shall prosper!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jean. I am a mother of a new born baby he is 5 weeks old. I hardly get sleep I'm finding it challenging. I really don't know how you do all this with a new baby and still look so good. You deserve mother of the century award if there was one. God bless you Jean you are one strong woman.

Anonymous said...

Izvi zvakubzwisa tsitsi izvi. Kana munhu asingashande akufunga kuti mu celebrity ndo anonzi ma delusions of grandios. Unlike Portia who has an actual career, Jean spends most of her time blogging and drawing people who have not nothing to do with her. Get a job Jean u are a benefit scrounger repeating where u haven't sawn. Nursing flop, book flop art flop. You have failed at everything you touch I advise getting a job in a nursing home love. You are not disabled get off your back side and go to work like everyone, basa rekuswero drowa vanhu vasineyi newe and u think that's an achievement. Ndanza tsitsi nhasi. Shuwa munhu kubva kuZimbabwe kuzo claimer benefit mu England. Shame manhingi.

Anonymous said...

So true

Anonymous said...

Jean you couldn't afford to get your hair done in Agape because you had no job. Now you still don't have a job living on handouts. Its not like are working Jean so don't brag about affording to get your hair done ne mari isiri yako. In my opinion you look nothing like Porsha the girl is beautiful zvake and she makes her own money.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 16:47. What a mean thing to say. Jean is doing well she has just had a baby. Being a mother of four must be the hardest job out there. Chii charwadza you sound very bitter. Jean might never need to work for anybody she's too talented for that If i was that talented you would not see me working for anyone. Jean don't listen to haters keep doing your thing and inspiring us zvedu who wants to be inspired.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 16:47
It's called delusions of grandeur not grandios and it's ' REAPING where you haven't SOWN not REPEATING where you haven't SAWN'
And what's your problem if Jean claims state handouts? At least she does so legitimately without preying on vulnerable dim wits like yourself! And delusions of grandeur do not come bigger than one LYING that they were offered a 6-figure salary job by the UN or one who tells his victims that God told him to spring forth from 9 Forth Park before using their hard earned cash to build himself a mansion ( against 'God's advice' kkkkkk)

Anonymous said...

Jean go go go girl. People are entitled to their opinion, and l like it Jean that you are publishing even submissions that denigrate you. In the process other submissions are exposing how challenged other people are, how economic they are with the truth or both. For one to fail to notice, let alone appreciate that Jean is a talented. She is an artist of immense talent. She can write and draw. My advice sister is take your talent to a higher dimension. With your pencil and painting your own gallery is not far-fetched.

Merry Christmas to you and all keyboard warriors.

Anonymous said...

Lots of love jean.you are strong n brave.dont mind the haters.im sure they are from agape being sent to discourage you.I

Anonymous said...

Nigerians say 'return to sender God woo' Jean all those haters are going to get it back. Never mind them. The work you do is amazing! No wonder the jealous want you to leave your 4 kids and go to work so that you suffer like them. Stay with your kids , that's one of the hardest jobs but yet most rewarding ! 4 beautiful Angels, Jean you amazing! Then you WRITE, and do your ART and I understand you working on another project ! I guess your hater only does care work that's all.
May God Bring MORE blessings for you Jean and your family , I pray NiƱo treats you like the queen you are! You have a good heart and you have encouraged me to stand up and 'walk'. I might never return the favour, but I Pray the Living God to bless you beyond even your expectation! I pray God's protection ALWAYS for your family and your loved ones ! May God do wonders through you and forgive all your sins and wash you white as snow, so you start the New Year Ready to shine even more!! STAY UNDER THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST ! Thank you for fighting for us.