DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Thursday 18 December 2014

If Prophet Masocha can be charged with sexual assault, why not these Zimbabwean men for stripping a woman in public!



Yesterday I thought the Faith video was bad enough, today I see another sickening video on Nehanda TV of a woman in Zimbabwe being sexually assaulted viciously and being called a whore by a gang of hooligans in broad daylight! She was being stripped in public by a group of men. Her crime? She wore a mini skirt. The skirt is not even that short! What is happening to the Zimbabwean Society? Why are women being treated so badly and no one is raising an eyebrow. A woman was sexually attacked in public because she wore a mini skirt and that's okay? Its times like this I feel ashamed to be called Zimbabwean, because this is barbarism at its highest. Why are these men not being charged with sexual assault. Why? For those who don't know, this is the best definition of sexual assault I could find: 

Sexual violence and abuse can be defined as any behaviour perceived to be of a sexual nature which is unwanted and takes place without consent or understanding.

If Walter Masocha can be charged with sexual assault and face trial, why cant these men for attacking a woman in public? If Agape leader and song writer Maxwell Nyakutya was put on the sex offender register and banned from ever teaching for merely stroking a girl's  thigh in public, why cant these men face justice for sexually assaulting a woman in public. They touched and grabbed her bum, they stripped her. How is this different from gang rape? Why are these men not being charged with sexual violence and assault. They pulled the poor woman from a mini bus, she could have fallen and died. This is so wrong Zimbabweans. Yesterday I was speaking for Faith, and today I speak for that poor woman who was violently attacked and striped by a pack of Zimbabwean hooligans in public. The act itself was sickening enough, but someone went on to record it and its now all over social media again. A woman not only being abused sexually, physically, mentally but the act itself is now on display for the world to watch. How humiliating for this woman! Why Zimbabwe? Why? Where is the justice? Where there no police around when this was happening. Was there no sane man, even one man to speak out and stop this barbarism. Oh my heart bleeds for the women of Zimbabwe. It really does. 

You can watch sickening video here on Nehanda TV

Only a month ago a video was posted on Facebook of an evil Nigerian maid torturing a  baby. The public were so outraged and authorities in Nigeria were forced to arrest this evil maid, Today she is behind bars. Justice was served. Should that not be the point of posting such videos online, for justice! Now what is the point of posting this video and people just watch and continue eating their Nandos as if nothing has happened! I really don't understand. Its shocking to me, and maybe I am the only one shocked by the video. But that will not stop me from asking why no men have been arrested and charged for sexual assault, a serious one for that! I want those men charged and brought to justice for doing that to a woman. Do they not have mothers or sisters or daughters, how would they feel if it was their own blood being treated like that!

A few weeks ago I wore this dress, that poor woman's dress was definitely longer than this!

 I did wear this mini sports dress modelling at Miss Commonwealth and I do wear it today jogging, (yes I need to lose my baby weight all-right) sad I cant look like this in my own home country. 


This was me in August on my birthday and 7 and half months pregnant with Fadzi, yet I still rocked my favourite black dress heavily pregnant, yes it is a mini and every woman should be free to dress like this if they want!

 Didn't our ancestors used piratically walk around naked. In Swaziland they do a reed festival with women bare breasted. Is that not our African heritage after all? There are a lot of tribes in Africa today where women still walk around with practically no clothes on, and no one gets raped. Was it not the white man who brought clothes to Africa? Did we not used to walk around naked, in animal skins? And now you want to preach morals to women and attack women violently using culture? Well if we really want to go back to culture everyone should not be wearing clothes in the first place, lets get our animal skins back on! There is no justification for striping a woman in public over her personal choice of apparel. Its evil. Its barbaric and its a CRIME! Maybe Zimbabwe needs a new law put in place to make this barbarism officially illegal breaking of the law. Men can not keep doing this and not face justice. That poor woman should have gone straight to the police to report sexual and physical attack! Zimbabweans do something to stop this barbaric behaviour on women before someone dies.

Two months ago when I entered the Miss Commonwealth Pageant, I only did it because of my burden for Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwean Woman in particular. I even chose not to wear any make up and have my hair natural because I said in my interview I wanted to represent the true woman of Zimbabwe, the woman who is in the rural areas and cant afford Mary Kay or Brazilian hair extensions. I want to be able to speak for that woman, the common regular woman of Zimbabwe who doesn't have a voice. I want to speak for the woman who is being subjected to emotional abuse not only by her husband, but by the sisters of her husband too. This is reality in Zimbabwe, its the issues that affect us as women. Toady I write for the woman who was stripped in public for wearing a mini skirt, it wasn't even that short! But that's besides the point. 

By the way, there seems to be a lot of reaction about my post yesterday in support of Faith Mutema. I will repaet, I dont condone any form of fornication whatsoever be it adultery or prostitution or whatever. Faith was very wrong, but she did not  deserve the treatment she received from husband and family. Nothing justifies emotional abuse, NOTHING. And I will maintain my stance and support this woman, because I believe her case has raised awareness on how women are generally treated in Zimbabwe especially by their in laws and husbands. Its a terrible culture that needs to change and is unacceptable and I will speak against it as long as I live. My heart is in Zimbabwe and I have a burden for the Zimbabwean Woman. I am receiving messages in my inbox from men accusing me of harbouring a deep hatred for men and being a feminist and that I should sympathise with Patrick. No, right now I am sympathising with Faith and the woman who was stripped in public by a bunch of violent Zimbabwean men and no one seems to care. Thats where my sympathy is right now, and I wish I could give both these women a hug. I don't have time to sympathise with Patrick and his sister at this particular time.

I will not stop speaking for the Zimbabwean woman. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean I have been supporting you and i don't go to Agape but I think you are now becoming way too arrogant madam. Masocha has still not been charged and to compare him with men like this is unfair and un called for. What exactly are you trying to achieve now you all over the place dear. I thought this blog was about fighting agape abuse.

Anonymous said...

Masocha is way worse my dear!! He doesn't have demons he is a Demon ( Legion)

Anonymous said...

No need to lie that you don't go to Agape dear. Buda pachena sa driver we tractor iwe. Makunyara ka kunzi vana va Daddy zvino ku trial muchaita sei.

Anonymous said...

It is sad that a lady was attacked by some hooligans. The law must be allowed to take its course. However, it is important Jean for you to appreciate that culture evolves. In that evolution there are expectations in different societies where we are all supposed to conform. There are minimum standards and expectations. Zimbabwe is a conservative society and to want to equate it to UK or the USA is taking things too far. There are things that will pass in the west but not in Zimbabwe. Go to the Middle East today, they have dress codes as a society and when you go there just conform. One cannot try to hide behind rights to express themselves as they wish when they walk naked on our streets. Walk naked or semi-nude in your house or yard and no one will ask you.

I am not condoning what befell my sister on the kombi. All l am saying is we should conform to the minimum expectations of the societies we live in. If we want to influence change, let us engage in a constructive way, never to be antagonistic.

Jean my sister, are you a human rights activist or a women rights activist? You were a victim of abuse in church and at home from Masocha and Shingi respectively, but that should not blur your view of every man. I urge you not to jump to the defense of every women before you get the hard facts. Don't play the victim card. There men out there who are suffering abuse perpetrated by women. Abuse is not one-dimensional.

By bringing up a number of issues divorced from the Masocha blog l think you will lose a good number of followers in this maze. I suggest you deal with these issues one at a time. December 30.is the day of reckoning for the self-styled Apostle, Prophet, Reverend, Man of a Great God (MOGG), Dr Walter Masocha. It is important that those with interest in the case should be contributing to the blog, mobilize people to come forward with evidence because there are a good number who are too afraid to come out to tell their abuse at the hands of Masocha because most of the victims don't have the right to stay in the UK, others went to Agape against the advise of husbands/and or family members and friends who had the secret files of the man called Walter Masocha. Masocha did dispeakable things but he can still walk free if victims don't build their case well. We have concentrated on the abuse of women and girls and forgot the abuse of church funds. What does the charities commission of Scotland say about these things? He used church funds to buy and build himself, family members and friends houses. He bought cars for family and girl friends. It's not fair. These are some of the things that we should be seized with, to prove how corrupt this guy is. There are a number of people in AGAPE who are close to Masocha who can not explain some of the things that they own, the cars, houses, etc, because they got the loot from Daddy. Just look at Shadreck Masocha, the Guveyas, the Chikoores, the Pajero that Envoy John Masocha drives in Zimbabwe, etc and you begin to understand the level of corruption as well as the abuse of church resources.

Jean Gasho said...

My dear. I have spoken about Masocha since October 2013. I am tired of talking of this man. He abused me and the trial is just around the corner. Please remember that I am a victim of this man. For you its easy to write your long comment hiding under anonymity though I think I know who you are. You were not abused by Masocha, I was. I am anxious about the trial and I actually don't want to talk about it. I think everything that needs to be said has been said.
I spent the last year crying, suffering the effects of Masocha. I was homeless. You have not gone through what I have gone through. Do you think I blog for anonymous followers? What followers do I have? Ghosts? Not even one person has come out with their identity on this blog since I came out of the dungeon. So please, if you want to correct me and lecture me about not talking about Walter Masocha please get out of the closet first and let's have a face to face conversation. Do u think I am bothered about so called anonymous "followers" like you.
Writing is therapeutic for me. This is my way of coping with the upcoming trial. I am a victim too. Please let me be. Talking about current issues that actually matter is helping me deal with all this. Of course i know men are abused too but that's not my calling to speak on their behalf. If you want a blog on abused men Google and find them, but it won't be here.
Do you know how many Facebook messages I've received in my inbox from women who have been genuinely touched by my letter to Faith or about Farai Chiriseri. They don't come here as ghosts like you but they inbox me on Facebook and I can see their faces. Anonymous comments already served their purpose now I wouldn't lose sleep if nobody comments because the fate of Masocha is no longer in the hands of Jean's blog or anonymous followers. His fate is in the hands of a jury. The battle is not mine but the Lord's my dear. As for now let me be please, I am a human rights activists and let me speak for those who have no voice. I did my fair share of intense blogging about Agape and Masocha, right now I just want to talk about other issues as well. If it offends you anonymous commenter you are free to leave. God bless.

Anonymous said...

No offence taken Jean. Just my opinion just like you are giving your own. I have been your avid follower and supporter from the inception of the blog, called you, e-mailed you giving you information as well as giving you the emotional support that you needed then. As an ex-Agape leader l was also abused though indirectly. Just seeing Masocha improperly conducting himself before women, being taken into some room for massages by ladies, the kisses, the hugs, etc. Financial abuses, his lies, false promises, etc. I am with you sister, and if l happen to have a different take on what will be taking place, l will give my opinion. Blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 20:32 if you want to give constructive criticism to jean don't insult her in the process. As an abuse victim of emotional abuse from my ex husband I'm finding this blog very helpful and Jeans writing enlightening. She touches on matters not discussed in our culture and I for one will remain a follower of this blog whether Masocha goes to jail or not jean has opened a platform and door that's never going to be shut. Her article to Faye helped me as well because my ex husband turned a lot of people against me. I wish Jean was blogging 5 years ago I would have dealt with my ex and divorce differently. You are doing a good job jean well done. I am on your Facebook by the way.

Anonymous said...

That's not even a mini dress its just above the knees!!

Anonymous said...

Jean action is being taken rhe Zim police are hunting the touts. They would strip nearly every woman in south Africa so culture doesn't play into it. Keep writing and speaking your mind!

Anonymous said...

Jean Darling, any news about our sister Farai? We pray God heals her.

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous 7.30 it's good to know there is someone who feels like I do.
@ Jean if all the work you did saves or comforts even just 1 soul , you succeeded in your mission and God will reward you. I know there's many who have found healing and closure in reading this blog, knowing that I was not the only one Masocha abused removed all feelings of guilt and bitterness from me. Knowing it wasn't my fault because you do get the feeling it was your fault sometimes. Jean God bless you! Itapasa ra mwari Jean ! Remain humble and continue to hear from God with humility!

Anonymous said...

Ma Bhoyi akawoma, they would rather follow Kate (Jordan) and see her in and out relationships. They will not approve of any of our own writing about themselves and their opinions!
If you don't like Jean's blog, jus don't read it. Let those who has use for it be. I am not a football fanatic, but I won't remove the sports channels because my husband loves football.
Equally the same in the issue of dressing, people are free to dress the way they like. Why are our men so barbaric?