DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. I would like to thank the newspapers that have covered the Walter Masocha story as they have helped raise awareness of abuse happening in some churches which has been going unreported. However, I have not given any national newspapers the right to waiver my anonymity as a victim of Walter Masocha. This is a personal blog and its within my legal rights to express myself here. According to the law my identity is protected in the media. At this stage, I do not wish to be named in any Scottish or English National Papers. Any newspapers that will name me/ or have already done so have done this without my permission or consent. Any newspapers which have published my picture have done so without my consent. I do not wish to have my pictures published in any Scottish or English newspapers. I ask the media , which I greatly respect for their support in this case in covering the story to respect my right to anonymity as a victim and not name me in any newspapers unless I sign a consent form and agree to do so. I am not ready to be named and I want to use the protection I am granted by law at this time. Thank you.

Monday 8 December 2014

What I believe happened to Farai Chiriseri, why I blame Agape Church...


I write this post today from the bottom of my heart. I write this post today as a woman who at 20 years of age qualified as a mental health nurse. I write this post today as a woman whose very first patient was a young Ghananian woman who had burnt her two year old little boy to death. The boy had been so badly burnt he was recognised by dental records. My first job as a nurse was in a Secure Mental Hospital were people who have committed serious crimes as a result of an underlying mental illness are sectioned under the mental health act and receive treatment. 

For the sake of confidentiality, I will call my Ghananian patient, Anna. Anna was only about 23. She had just moved to UK from Ghana with her very much older English husband she had met in Ghana. He was well over 50. He met Anna in Ghana, and she was living in the rural areas in extreme poverty, no electricity, no running water, no much food, no suitable clothing etc. Anna then meets this older white men, she falls pregnant, and gives birth to a beautiful boy. Anna used to say the villagers in Ghana felt so jealous of her they started going to witchdoctors to bewitch her and cast a spell on her. Anna was now having so many problems in the village community because of jealousy, her  wealthy white boyfriend decides to bring her and their little boy to the UK. 

Upon arrival to the UK, Anna is a very young mother in a foreign land and struggles to cope with the culture shock. Her husband's family are very unkind to her because of the colour of her skin. Her husbands starts to emotionally abuse her, she has no friends, no family, Anna is just all alone with her baby boy everyday in the house. She misses Africa, the food, the vibrancy, the sunshine and everything beautiful Africa has to offer. Anna is very lonely and completely on her own, no support or help at all. She then falls into depression. Her husband takes no notice and continues to neglect her. 

Anna's depression developed into psychosis obviously. She is in a very dark place right now. Her husband doesn't understand the depth of her loneliness and pain. This is an African young woman lost in England, all on her own. She starts hearing voices. She starts seeing things. She smells fire. She believes the TV talks to her. She starts hearing voices in her head. She no longer sleeps at night because she is so tormented by the voices. 

One winter night Anna wakes up, the voices are tormenting her, she takes her 2 year old boy outside,  she lights a fire, a huge fire. She grabs her little boy and throws him in the fire. The boy was severely burnt he became a heap of ashes. She starts screaming, taking her clothes off, and as events unfolded Anna ends up in a secure mental hospital. 

As a 20 year old newly qualified nurse, I get my first job in this hospital. I also had my insecurities. I was very shy, had no confidence, didn't speak very much, and I was hurting, I had just got married, none of my in laws liked me, I mean they hated me rather and had turned the whole Zimbabwean community in Southport and Liverpool against me. I did not even have a single friend at this time, my only friend I had Felistas Mudzingwa had been taken by my in-laws and turned against me. I used to sit in the park alone and just cry. So starting a job as a mental health nurse was a big challenge to me, and very overwhelming. I was too young and I was also in a very dark place myself, very lonely and sad. 

But when I started work at this Secure Mental Health Hospital, I met Anna, and everything changed for me. She was a beautiful young woman, inside and out. I was drawn to her and she was drawn to me. I found myself understanding her, and she loved talking to me. To me she was not a mad woman who had burnt her son to death, to me she was Anna, a young African woman who had been put in this situation by the very person who was supposed to protect her, her husband. My manager made me Anna's named nurse, she became my very first patient. You see Anna was special, she was an excellent cook and introduced me to Ghananian food and without realising it, she became a ray of sunshine in my life rather, she made my work as a mental health nurse enjoyable and worthwhile. I didnt see evil in her at all, I saw her other side, her beauty within and her pain. She grieved for her son, she never meant to kill him. She was an ambitious young woman, she wanted to go to Collage and do a cooking course. I left the job and never heard from Anna again, but she will always have a special place in my heart. I think about her now and again. 

You see dear readers, I have sympathy for people with mental health problems, especially women. I understand them, and I have a big heart for such people. I understand that for a woman to be severly mentally unwell, something would have happened to lead to that. I was labelled mentally unwell by Agape For All Nations Ministries International. I was publicly diagnosed by Agape as a deranged woman who belonged in a mental institute. Thats why during a church service my own mother in law and sister in law Gertrude Musuka (The two women who were supposed to care for me and protect me) called an ambulance for me to be sectioned under the mental health act for telling them that they were abusing me. I want the world to now understand the mindset of this church, the spirit behind it and how it operates. 

Yesterday I was speaking to someone and I said I want Agape finished. I will do everything in my power to ensure this church is investigated and SHUT DOWN. I will never stop until Agape For All Nations Ministries International is no more. When I said that this person insinuated that only God could finish Agape not me and somehow made me feel I was taking the place of God. But people may not understand me, or why I feel so strongly about this. I may be just a woman, but I believe God still uses me. For me to say I want Agape finished is not taking the place of God, because God Himself has got nothing to do with Agape cult and He will help anyone who wants this evil cult finished. 

I told you about Anna because today she reminds me of Farai Chiriseri. This is a young woman in a foreign land who has just gone though a dramatic painful change in her life. Her husband leaves her under the instruction of a religious leader Walter Masocha. Her own in laws Joseph Chiriseri and his wife (who are also members of Agape) do everything in their power to get rid of Farai in the family. They encourage Tichakunda to abandon his family. Farai is left completely on her own, and watches another woman Caroline Chiwara takes over her husband. Farai is demonised by Walter Masocha and Agape church members. She obviously gets severely depressed, there is no help for her out there. You see if Farai had been in Africa things would have never got to this, she would have had family and community support, NO WOMAN RAISES CHILDREN ON HER OWN IN AFRICA. There is a support network that is so powerful, women even have upto two or three maids. But its very different in the United Kingdom. There are no maids in UK. No support. Your only support is normally your spouse. If they leave you, you are on your own, literally. And thats a very dark place to be. Depression when untreated leads to psychosis. Thats what happened with Anna who burnt her own son to death and thats exactly what happened to Farai who literally ripped out her son's heart out on Friday. Her own heart had been ripped apart by Tichakunda, his family and by Prophet Walter Masocha who contributed hugely to her marriage breakdown. 

Right now Agape are attacking Farai, calling her mad and an evil woman. But I don't see her that way. I don't condone what she did, but I see her as a woman who has tragically lost her beloved son. I believe Farai was a good mother, she loved her children, and tried her best as a single mother, but severe depression may have taken over her, had she received help earlier, her precious baby son would have been here today. 

My opinion still stands today, was it not for Agape For All Nations Ministries International I believe little Scott Chiriseri would still be here today. A lot of my readers have prophesied  that Agape will not see 2015. I hope and pray that this prophecy comes to pass, because enough is enough! Surely something has to be done to stop this church. Its too evil. Walter Masocha being charged with sexual offences is just not enough, he does far evil and worse crimes to humanity operating in his self ordained office as a prophet. If nursing homes and nurseries can be shut down because of abuse, why not churches? I have DVDs of Prophet Walter Masocha violently pushing women and CHILDREN to the floor during church services.  I went through hours of grueling exorcism restrained to the floor by male pastors Muchengeti Hove and Francis Aturia. I was tortured in Agape and I want this church shut down . Agape For All Nations Ministries International should not see 2015. Enough is enough! 

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jean for shedding light on this subject of mental illness affecting those in the diaspora. We all don't know what really happened with Farai but yoi do raise interesting points for food for thought. If what you are saying is true then the British law must take its course and investigate Agape. Have you tried contacting Scottish members of Parliament on this matter they may assist in getting the investigations started.

Anonymous said...

Jean are you still a mental health nurse ?

Anonymous said...

Jean ! God bless you. You speak all that's in my heart. I can not write like you, I don't really know you. I don't know your relationship with God, but I PRAY that the world will believe this because I saw and experienced it in this church. Vongai's death is questionable, was it not suicide?
Queen Ester ended up in a mental institution, Agnes from Wolverhampton and many more.
I BELIEVE God in His own way is using you . May The Lord God Almighty! The God who HATES cult intervene!

Anonymous said...

A number of marriages have broken down in agape, the spirit and Announting in that man flows into the congregation ! If there was a way to look into the hearts of people in this church, FEAR and DEPRESSION.
In some instances Masocha sleeps with mother and daughter , sisters and married women. That's his daily bread!
Judith going to Nigeria could have caused all this, tell us Judy, is it sacrifice ? What did you bring from Nigeria? The truth will come out!
Farai's family, seek from God, He will reveal to you what Masocha did to little Scott!

Anonymous said...

FOR JEAN
I understand your pain and how you feel about Agape For All Nations Ministry ,I agree with you but l think you have crossed a line. ,you have seriously breached confidentiality.Please edit and remove this otherwise the blog will be shut down and yourisk Masocha walking free which would be a huge disappointment to all the victims.l also feel you have ventured into the wrong territory by detailing Scott case which is currently under investigation and sounding like you are justifying murder.Please seek advise before its too late about this as it can be used to discredit you during your court case .Post this if you want but it's for you my dear.
CONCERNED X.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what confidentiality you talking about. I thought Jean said MY OPINION ! I don't read anything here that's not in the papers except Jeans opinion of the circumstances that could have lead Farai to do this. I stand to be corrected if am wrong

Anonymous said...

OPINIONS are not Facts and this girl is entitled to her own opinions

Jean Gasho said...

Thank you dear for advice. All taken on board. However I haven't really crossed any line this is journalism. I am allowed by law to voice opinion on a story that's already in the media. I was not the first to even break this story Daily Mail was. The story is already receiving huge media coverage and every reporter has their own opinion. This is my own Interpretation from my side of the fence. Two other Scottish tabloids have actually linked the death of Scott to Agape and Walter Masocha has been mentioned in both articles so am not the only one thinking this I am afraid. All Zimbabwean tabloids reporting this story have mentioned Agape expect New Zimbabwe for some reason. I hear your concerns dear but this is simply journalism things will be written here that a lot of people will not like, but am a transparent writer and am not afraid to put my thoughts on paper. That is what makes me Jean, writing what others don't write about.

Anonymous said...

Read again!! "...... I DONT CONDONE WHAT SHE DID...." How does this justify murder. It's important to deal with underlying issues to avoid anymore tragedies. Please specify your points incase I am missing them .

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the explanation Jean,l appreciate your taking time to enlighten me.Also for taking on board some of my concerns which were genuine .Keep up the good work and keep us informed.God bless you. X

Anonymous said...

There is so much going on in this cult, if the investigations were to open an Anonymous call line or something of that sort , chilling stories would come out. Fear was instilled, this Queen Ester story was one of them used to instill more fear. People were told that's what happens if you leave agape . Children were told if you say anything you die. Vulnerable Children of God are gripped with fear. Some told the angel of death will visit your family! People God is Love! He doesn't operate that way! Be strong in the Power of His Might! Jesus Christ is Lord. Evil will never prevail over goodness of a true God!

Anonymous said...

Hanzi " Touch not...!" Nxa

Anonymous said...

You know her name, not her story. You've heard what she's done not what she's been through.

Anonymous said...

Can someone write more on the Queen Esther story. Some of us are not members or ex members of this cult. I am personally alarmed by the death and divorce rate in this church. People dying left right and centre. Couples divorcing at the speed of lightning. Jean maybe crazy but she's the most intelligent crazy person I've ever come across she has this church all worked out like a puzzle. Two years after we are still reading chilling stories on this blog! Can someone put the girl out of her misery and just pull the power plug on Agape. Taneta nadzo nyaya dzeAgape isu!!!

Anonymous said...

The fact you have used a young child's death as an opportunity to spread how you feel and make this about you is shocking. I do not attend Agape but your ego has convinced you that this is all about you. You have refused to acknowledge anyone else's feeling for the sake of your blog's fame. Well done, Jean. Well bloody done.

Anonymous said...

Masocha divides families. He sets husband up against wife and vice versa. But there are some on whom he cast a spell. When you hear a wife saying l would rather lose you than Masocha or vice versa, you know through Masocha you will have allowed the devil to dictate the direction and pace of events. Think about this, Masocha is not legally married to Judith, he does not put on a ring. Have you ever wondered why? He presides over marriages and most of the marriages don't last. Those that do it is because he will also be seeing the wife. Why did Dr Ian McHardy's wife leave Agape? She saw Masocha in a compromised position with a married lady Envoy/ Pastor of course.

Where on earth is Baba Enock? How honestly could he allow his wife to lock herself up with Masocha under the guise of giving daddy a full body massage. What nonsense is that? Is Baba Enock normal? Masocha was doing the same with a lady called Danai when in Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa. This is the same lady who confessed that Masocha kissed her on the mouth but it was not intimate. Can Masocha allow another man to kiss Judith on the mouth claiming the kiss is not intimate? Masocha should be castrated.

Have you seen how he preyed on single ladies who do not have papers to stay in the UK? He knew most if not all will not report the abuse because they would in the process expose themselves to authorities resulting in them being taken back to Zimbabwe.

Where are the Women's groups in all this? I can't wait for December 30. AGAPE is praying, fasting and all for this rapist to be saved jail time. They never spared time to pray for the victims. The mother of all hypocrisy.

Anonymous said...

Who may I ask laid hands on this man & said he had a calling to ministry? That is where it all needs to go back to. Who are the menn accountable for unleashing this monster? You can't tell me this started from no where? Someone somewhere swept things under the carpet on behalf of this monster. May all those accessing this blog intercede for lost souls under this cults spell. They need our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Masocha ordained himself soon after he left ZAOGA under a cloud. He was suspended because of the same issues around misappropriation of church funds and improper conduct with women. He was also out of employment.Soon after that God appeared to him. His story of events leading to God appearing to him is inconsistent and full of lies. For example he lied that he had been offered a job at United Nations as Kofi Annan's number 2. Liar liar Masocha, UN jobs at that level are political appointments. If it were true the Zimbabwe government would have nominated you from the ZANU PF structures of course. One Masocha is not an active ZANU PF cadre if at all he has a card. Two the Zim gover and did not nominate anyone fro the UN job because in 2007 when God called Masocha, her (Zimbabwe) relationship with the international community had deteriorated, especially with EU and America. My point, Masocha just lied to create a story that was appealing as a means to well calculated end. Many people fell for the lies. Some offered their money and bodies through manipulation and false prophecies.

Anonymous said...

I think you are missing the point here. Before she gave us her own OPINION of the whole thing, she gave us a detailed background about herself to help us understand where she was coming from. I don't know Jean n her story, a fbk link led me here following the articles on thiss poor boy's death. I must say, of all the sources I've read, she did a great job, if not the best. I suggest you get read of emotions n re-read the article. It's quite enlightening.

Anonymous said...

Jean should use whatever to make people aware of the danger posed by this evil man. Really sorry about the boy, but that's what a writer does, is it ok for other Tabloids but not Jean's work? If you been abused in that church you would understand ! Jean is telling the truth beduwe!!

Anonymous said...

I like this .... " you know what she's done but you don't know what she's been through "Jean is giving us her opinion of what she could have been through.
Jean is a talented writer . The best article so far compared to other articles about this unfortunate incident. An opinion that a lot of abused people would share. Zimbabwe make use of people like this girl. Dynamite!

Anonymous said...

Touch not!! mcwii umsuzo ka Masocha

Anonymous said...

Jean you have touched on very important issues relating to African women and children in UK. You have a strong voice and I believe your voice would be even stronger and heard louder if you start an online petition submit to relevant authorities in order to protect vulnerable people who are affiliated to this church.

Anonymous said...

Jean, you sound as if you are writing as an aggrieved party on your personal blog, not as a journalist. Journalism requires fair and balanced reporting and you do not seem to practice that here at all. Much as you don’t like them, balanced journalism requires that you also give the other side space to air their side of the story as well. In Journalism, you can be sued even if you are not the first person to break or carry a story that can be challenged in the courts. The gentleman/lady who cautioned you was right but you also have a right to ignore his/her advice, but you shouldn’t do so in the name of journalism. The approach you take to helping people with mental illness is in my opinion very unsafe and borders on justifying these horrible acts. There are many women out there with debilitating mental illness, alone and away from home as they might be. Reading though your posting I see very little help your postings will give them. I think that they are better off not reading your postings lest you give them horrible ideas by your blatant justification of the murders committed by your Ghanaian patient and the alleged perpetrator in this Scot case. If your crusade is to have AGAPE church shut down, then I think you should concentrate on that, because clearly doubling as a mental health champion is not safe. Mental health sufferers need treatments, interventions, resources, information and a supporting, informed society. All advocates of mental health sufferers must expend their energies towards all these key areas, not chasing after sad cases to justify them, driven by personal agendas. Your concern about mental illness seems to be a tiny fraction of your bigger agenda to revenge whatever wrongs you suffered at the hands of AGAPE. If AGAPE is indeed guilty of causing all these horrible things, you risk doing the same, if you don't step back and reflect on your own motivations. IN MY OWN OPINION.

Anonymous said...

It's good you say IN MY OPINION , and you are entitled to one. He's is trying to make a point here that this cult is causing a lot of heartache and I don't see how she can then be fair when she believes the other side is on the wrong. This is more than just journalism! Even as a journalist you report what happened and you can say your opinion if you want as long as you mention that it is your opinion , which she did.
You sound like you want to discredit Jean. You can all you like, but a clever person will realise that the most important issue here is not so much of journalism principles but that there's a paedophile on the loose! There's someone squeezing money off vulnerable poor people, there's someone out there causing massive depression to a lot of people, which might have caused this unfortunate incident. Have a heart unless you are Masocha himself posing as anonymous . If it was your child or yourself who was raped maybe you like other people here could been overlooking all those journalism so called principles.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 22:54? Jean is an aggrieved party and this is I believe more of an awareness more than just reporting. Yes Jean wants Agape shutdown and she doesn't mince her words , what follows is her reasons for wanting the cult to shut down! I as a person who went through abuse, found this blog very helpful, I know am NOT alone. So let the depressed and abused be the judges on whether this Blog is good for us or not . Those who find it helpful are free to read on and those who don't can google and find what is helpful to them. One man 's meat is another man's poison . Let this girl be.